Buildings in our beautiful cities, where we live and work, are producing 40% of the CO2 going into our atmosphere contributing to global warming. We need to HEAT, VENT, AIR CONDITION our buildings 24/7. Most of the energy consumed in a building is for our comfort and 50% of it is wasted!!! This is because buildings have little to no technology to control this.
Parity Inc. is a software service designed to reduce energy waste from buildings!! Using AI, Parity Inc. is able to predict the amount of energy needed ahead of time to operate a building to meet its residents' HVAC needs and adapt the building's systems and machinery. We save our customers and building operators:
- Time through our mobile platform that provides early alerting services when problems occur
- Reduced environmental Impact with our carbon reduction tracking, and
- Money $$ with quarterly and annual energy savings reports delivered to their email.
We are looking for a Building Intelligence Engineer to join our team and help us to ensure that all client buildings are adapted to work successfully with the Parity platform.
Leveraging your background in Engineering and knowledge of HVAC/Automation Systems, you will partner with our Sales & Operations teams to ensure that all buildings in our portfolio are quoted, set-up and optimized throughout their time with us. This is a high-impact role, working closely with leaders from Sales and Operations. We are looking for someone hungry, eager to learn, and passionate about the energy and Cleantech space!
- You will support our Sales team with quoting and estimations, work with our Development team to build internal tools, and work with Operations to provide support to our customers during and after installation
- You will conduct on-site assessments of our client's buildings to prepare initial project scopes.
- You will complete energy analyses of our client’s buildings based on the on-site assessments by reviewing historical utility data, mechanical equipment specs, available building drawings, and current control sequences in order to estimate the energy savings potential from implementing Parity’s solution.
- You will manage projects from start to finish to ensure projects are completed on-schedule and on-budget while keeping clients updated on progress throughout the length of each project.
- You will be responsible for establishing communication between Parity’s software platform and field controllers/devices in our client’s buildings, along with the establishing and testing of control sequence(s) to reduce energy waste.
- You will own the final commissioning of sites and sign-off to ensure they meet all program requirements
- You will have the opportunity to help optimize and improve current processes, as well as play a major role in building out our Building Intelligence team
- You will lead the ongoing refinement of Parity's building controls system for tracking, presenting and managing building operations
- Work to build internal tools, and work with Operations to provide support to our customers during and after installation.
- An academic background in Engineering, with a passion for HVAC, building automation or mechanical/electrical engineering
- 2-5 years experience working in at least one of the the following areas:
- Energy auditing, and/or energy services
- MEP Engineering,
- Controls/Building Automation
- Experience working with MEP drawings, including controls drawings.
- Familiarity working with energy incentive programs.
- Experience managing installation/retrofit projects.
- Experience working with building automation systems.
- Ability to travel to client sites within the NYC tri-state area as needed.
- You are eager to grow, learn and tackle new opportunities in a fast-growing startup environment
- You are a quick learner, and only need to be shown something once before doing it yourself, and then going back to improve the process
- You constantly seek efficiency and optimization of processes and procedures; you look for gaps and work to fill them.
WHY JOIN US?
Join our organization in a key role during a period of tremendous growth and directly contribute to its future success. Contribute to a world-changing product that is working to make the world a better place through reduced CO2 emissions in multifamily buildings. Have the autonomy to learn and grow in a fast-moving, start-up environment.
OTHER GREAT STUFF:
- Benefits: Parity offers a comprehensive health benefit package - health is wealth!
- Wellness programs: This year we launched a partnership with FitnessBound. Every week we offer a virtual HIIT or Yoga.
- In addition to a competitive vacation package we also offer an additional 10 days of PTO: sick/personal days
- Flexible work environment: We offer a mix of in-office and remote work. Employees are expected to work a minimum of two days per week from our office in midtown Manhattan.
- Purpose and Impact: We hire top talent that cares about the social impact and vision, to help make urban living sustainable. It really makes a difference to work alongside a group of individuals who are all dedicated and passionate about creating positive change.
- Training and development: Each employee has a $1000 training allowance that can be used however they like, as long as it supports their role or growth within the company.
- Employee Options: Every single employee in the company has the opportunity to participate in our equity incentive plan.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Parity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Parity welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.