Customer Success Specialist
At Parity, our purpose is to make urban living sustainable by providing an easy service to manage waste energy and save money for our customers. Parity provides a cloud-based building automation system that adapts a building’s energy use to the demands of its residents. The net result? Money saved and CO2 emissions reduced.
Multi-residential buildings account for 39% of CO2 emissions each year and we are committed to reducing their environmental footprint. We optimize building performance and provide our customers with an overview of their building’s operational data.
We are an early-stage startup based in downtown Toronto.
- Join our organization in a key role during a period of tremendous growth and directly contribute to its future success
- Contribute to purpose driven product that is working to make the world a better place through reduced CO2 emissions in multi-residential buildings
- Have the autonomy to learn and grow in a fast-moving, hyper-growth start-up environment
- So far we have saved almost 20 million lbs. of CO2 emissions… yes, that’s a lot!!
We are looking for a Customer Success Specialist who will build and maintain strong relationships with our clients while working as their first line of support to resolve issues, answer inquiries, and provide assistance via phone, email, and messages.
As a company where software and HVAC equipment converge, service and requests can be quite technical or complex at times. But you’ll work closely with team members from the Service, Success, Product, and Operations team to ensure client issues and inquiries are addressed and resolved in a timely and effective manner.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a variety of initiatives including developing and refining internal processes, flagging gaps and opportunities, onboarding and virtual training sessions, and contributing to the growth of the support knowledge base.
- Provide support for Parity customers via phone, web, and support ticket submission systems following outlined processes:
- Provide timely and efficient problem solving and basic technical and troubleshooting support to existing customers
- Work proactively to ensure prompt resolution of support issues with the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction
- Take ownership of escalating customer requests, and commit to following up, ensuring internal resources are allocated, resolving issues, and closing the loop with customers
- Analysis of support tickets and provision of reports regarding performance against internal targets
- Educate customers on how to access, navigate, and use the Parity software platform
- Support the Success team with onboarding new customers - creating (or updating existing) onboarding presentation material and presenting to client(s)
- Attend daily service/support meeting and help document follow up actions on behalf of the team
- Collaborate closely with operations on building updates, technical projects, and communicate proactively with building staff on relevant information
- Understand customer outcomes by proactively communicating with them to identify potential opportunities and/or issues
- Provide customers with relevant product/ platform updates
- Maintain a cadence of communication with customers to ensure that we are exceeding customer service expectations
- Collect and share customer feedback with internal teams and recommend creative solutions to improve the customer experience
- Support the Product, Success, Service, and the Operations team to identify and implement improvements or enhancements
- 2+ years experience working in customer service or account management
- Strong customer service experience is a must! We are looking for someone who is able to problem solve and deliver thoughtfully-worded responses to our clients via phone, emails, and messages
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Work amongst a dynamic team of people
- Have a “no fail” attitude toward customer satisfaction
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Have strong troubleshooting abilities while also having the ability to approach problems calmly, with empathy, and be able adapt and change as new information is presented
- Proficient multitasking and prioritizing/re-prioritizing skills, and the ability to apply critical/strategic thinking to every situation
- You are data driven and customer obsessed! You are willing to “roll up your sleeves” to ensure customer satisfaction is met
- The aptitude and eagerness to learn and stretch
- Experience in a SaaS, building automation, energy management, or HVAC company
- Exceptionally well-organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and be extremely proactive
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering and Start-up experience are a plus!
Don’t meet all of the qualifications? Apply anyway! If you’re a quick learner who’s up for a challenge, we want to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Parity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Parity welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.