Climate Tech Operations Intern
Buildings in our beautiful cities, where we live and work, are producing 40% of the CO2 going into our atmosphere contributing to global warming. We need to HEAT, VENTILATE, AIR CONDITION our buildings 24/7. Most of the energy consumed in a building is for our comfort and as much as 50% of it is wasted!!! This is because buildings have little to no technology to control this.
Parity is a software as a service (SaaS) designed to reduce energy waste from buildings!! Using AI, Parity is able to predict the amount of energy needed ahead of time to operate a building to meet its residents' demand and adapt the building's systems and machinery in real time. We save our customers and building operators:
- Time by automating setpoint adjustments and through our mobile platform that provides early alerting services when problems occur
- Money. Parity typically contractually guarantees the savings that we expect to deliver our customers. We provide quarterly and annual energy savings reports.
- Emissions by providing sustained reductions in the carbon footprints of the buildings we work with.
We are looking for an operations intern to join our team and help increase the productivity of our engineering and sales teams as well as implement processes that will streamline workflows. This is a great opportunity for those looking to start a career in the climate technology space to get hands-on experience in a wide ranging role. We are looking for someone hungry, eager to learn, and passionate about energy and having an impact! This role also has a direct pathway to a full time position.
- Collect, review, and organize client-provided utility data for completeness ahead of site assessments by Parity's engineering team.
- Perform utility data analyses of client buildings.
- Review and update reference values in internal tools to ensure utility rates and installation cost estimates remain in line with current market conditions.
- Assist Parity engineers with the preparation of project scope documentation such as riser diagrams, bills of material, and/or project closeout documents.
- Prepare deliverables for utility incentive programs including program applications, energy savings calculations, and/or project closeout documentation.
- Assist the Parity Client Success team with the preparation of client-facing deliverables such as on-boarding presentations and/or quarterly savings review materials.
- Generate proposals and contracts for the sales team.
- Maintain and improve Salesforce proposal and contract automation capabilities.
- Provide administrative support to Parity staff as needed.
- You are detail oriented and well organized
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Experience with Salesforce, Asana and Zendesk is a plus
- You are eager to grow, learn and tackle new opportunities in a fast-growing startup environment
- You are a quick learner, and only need to be shown something once before doing it yourself, and then going back to improve the process
- You constantly seek efficiency and optimization of processes and procedures; you look for gaps and work to fill them.
- Preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria, but we are open to all candidates, including fully remote work.
- Currently attending, have attended or graduated a degree program at a university or college within NY State within 12 months of your start date.
- NY State resident currently attending or graduated from a college or university outside NY State within 12 months of your start date.
- NY State residents who are members of a Disadvantaged Community and/or Priority Population.
- You have the ability to commute to our Midtown Manhattan office 2-3 days a week
WHY JOIN US?
Join our organization in a key role during a period of tremendous growth and directly contribute to its future success. Contribute to a world-changing product that is working to make the world a better place through reduced CO2 emissions in multifamily buildings. Have the autonomy to learn and grow in a fast-moving, start-up environment.
OTHER GREAT STUFF:
● Flexible work environment: We offer a mix of in-office and remote work. Employees are expected to work a minimum of two days per week from our office in midtown Manhattan.
● Purpose and Impact: We hire top talent that cares about the social impact and vision, to help make urban living sustainable. It really makes a difference to work alongside a group of individuals who are all dedicated and passionate about creating positive change.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Parity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Parity welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.